I find it intriguing how trends snowball and go viral. Many times, we have seen so many random videos and wondered – How? But that is not the point here, as someone who is running a business, it is not our business to question How? but Why?
Why does this trend resonate with the audience? I’ve listed some effective ideas below that I’ve personally used and if it resonates with you, give it a shot.
- Evaluate: Ask if the trend is relevant to your business
- Understand: Find out if the trend resonates with your audience
- Be Smart: Now is the right time to ask how? If even one of the above checks out then you are good to go.
- Stay True: Craft a message that is relevant to your brand along the lines of the trend – “Amul” does a great job with this
- Don’t jump on the bandwagon just ride it: When you are unable to make content specific to your brand/services then simply re-share messages already out there
- Collaborate & Create: You don’t have to create your own message. Social Media is all about collaboration, find another brand/individual that links to the trend to create a unique message relevant to your audience
There is a lot more than just the above 6 points, but the idea is to start somewhere and start easy. Not to overwhelm yourself. A personal piece of advice though is to trust your instincts. It is okay to make mistakes, there is no limit on your posts or conversations.